Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Starfall

Every child, parent, and educator should take advantage of this wonderful website. It contains excellent mini lessons for preschoolers, and they vary from words to sentences. Kids would love it! As we learned in chapter 3, the more children are exposed to reading and writing, the better readers and writers they will be in the future. Starfall makes reading and writing fun because of the excellent animation and games that will attract children, parents, and educator’s attention. This website was very helpful to me because as a kindergarten teacher I am truly concerned with fostering emergent literacy in my classroom and I could get millions of ideas every day to enrich my lessons. Thank you!

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

I am so glad you got a chance to look at this website and enjoyed it. I almost think it is a necessity in any K-2 classroom.

Another great website and one that your school could look into (it is a subscription-based program) is www.knowledgebox.com. If you click on KBKids, you can see a preview.

Enjoy!