Sunday, October 12, 2008

7 Ways to Reinforce Spelling In Your Class Video

I think the tips given by the teacher in the video were really helpful. I already had implemented some of them in my classroom, but I think steps number 5 and 6 are very important (spelling journals, and parental involvement), because like he said students can carry their spelling dictionaries all around and at the same time parents are getting involved in their children education. Excellent steps that every teacher should keep in mind to reinforce spelling in the classroom.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for posting, Lolliete!

Marianne said...

I agree. Those are the 2 most appealing to me: students having a personal dictionary that can be used as a reference (that they created) and encouraging parental involvement. The dictionary is a very strong and innovative idea. It helps the student take ownership of their work and connects their world to the education world and encouraging self help and self reliance. I enjoyed every minute of it. It got me thinking about how I can/will apply in my own class setting.