Tuesday, November 4, 2008

iPod Article Article

My reaction to this article is positive. I think we should use technology in education because it is what students are being exposed to. In order to keep students interested and engage them in the lessons we teach, we should look for topics and things that they want to learn about and use. iPods are being used everywhere and I strongly feel that we as educators can give it a positive use. There are many skills that can be improved with the use of iPods such as reading and writing, being the last one mentioned by the author. Teachers need to prepare students for the era of technology and that means integrating new techniques and implementing new ways of teaching.
I think that teachers should look at specific activities children can work on while using their ipods, such as a group project. I also see it as a way for teachers to learn more about technology and the different activitities that can be done with technology.

2 comments:

Mr. Healy said...

I agree that we should expose students to the technology being used today and tomorrow. I also like that this technology is being used by the students to learn, not only just for the teachers to teach.

My concern is how would we ever implement a program like this in poorer school districts?

Dr. Luongo said...

Lolliete and Dan--

You bring up terrific points.

Dan-- there are grants and funding that could help. The one problem is finding teachers and administrators who will support and fight for programs such as these.

Thanks for all your hard work!